Monday, September 13, 2010

I can barely spell my last name..

No, really...it is hard. My married last name has

like 8 letters in it.

That is,

like
a whole alphabet worth of letters for the spelling impaired.

It is not like how it sounds, born. Now, is the o before or after the u?

I really can't spell to save my life.

I even owned a Texas Instruments Speak and Spell growing up. It didn't help OBVIOUSLY. I must have just been to caught up in my Speak and Spells cool computer voice, that I forgot to learn to spell.

I suck at spelling. Period.

That is why I use Firefox as my web browser. They automatically spell check everything you type. A bad spellers dream. It is like porn for bad spellers.

I am horrible partly because I am impatient....and who has time to proof read and spell check when the Bachelor Pad is coming on in..like..25 minutes.

The point is, two posts back...I posted a picture of one of my scrap-booking pages that I did a few years back of a 2005 Christmas layout.

A Layout I did in the company of several friends. A layout I showed to them once I finished. A layout I then put in my album to preserve. A layout I then took home and showed my hubby. A layout I have showed to several family members since them.

NO ONE ever said a word.

Exhibit A: The Layout
Sooooo, that all being said...I never noticed that I spelled the word "Christmas" wrong, until AFTER I then posted it on my blog and showed all of you!

Yeah..I am pretty cool, huh?

I OBVIOUSLY am not a proponent to drinking while crafting. Actually, I am pretty sure I could even be the poster child for as to WHY NOT to drink while crafting. (I mean besides the REALLY sharp scissors and occasional measuring..math skills..pffft..whatever.)

Actually I did that sober. Nothing in my blood. Yeah..I just got even cooler.

The funny thing about it is, it reminded me of another craft I did last year for my daughter..{in the company of friends again mind you}

I made a Jewelery Box for my precious daughter Chloe:
I was happy with how it turned out:
Ohhh, but there was only one problem that I caught onto, only after the zip dry dried:
DOH! Seriously.

I can't even spell my daughter's name right.

I mean, maybe my mom didn't give me enough Flintstones vitamins when I was little. I am sure that is where the problem lies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I saw the Christmas thing, but I wanted to tell you in person. I also didn't tell you you spelled Chloe's name Chole on her valentines last year, because *I* spelled my daughter's name wrong outloud to the nurse in delivery and even though we had her name WRITTEN DOWN on a 3x5 card, her birth certificate AND the newspaper said "Chole." We had it corrected, but I knew your shame, therefore chose not to tell you. . .then. :-)All it would have done was make you feel dumb, and you are not. :-) (My husband's entire family can't spell and they are some of the smartest people I know.)

The Hussy Housewife said...

Why thank you for your kind words and gestures as to not "out me" as a bad speller. We are people to..and we have a right to our dignity! and spell check to :)