Fall is here, hear the yell. Back to school, ring the bell Brand new shoes, walking blues. Climb the fence, book and pens.
I can tell that we are gonna be friends.
The last week of August 2010, and the first week of September 2010 was a big week for us here at the Laybourn house...
Chloe had her first day of 3 year preschool.
This technically makes her a Strawberry. That is what they call the 3 year olds class. Technically she has experience being a Strawberry..6 whole months worth of experience.You see, in October of 2009 she turned 3 years old. At the time Cormac was in 4 year Preschool. He was a Blueberry. He had graduated from the 3 year Strawberry class the year before. He was a big boy Blueberry..and got to go from 2 days a week to 3 days. Chloe wanted sooo bad to be 3 and go to school with brother.
So I talked to teacher Becky about Chloe starting up in January for half the year. You got to go to school 2 days a week with big brother for 6 months..and LOVED every minute of it. But you had to start over as a Strawberry this year. But you have preschool-street cred at the school. You are old school.
This year, I was hesitant to let you start on the first day...because of your broken arm. It was still in the "temporary" soft cast to allow for swelling. I was worried someone might bump into you, or you may fall down. And you would end up needing surgery and screws.
But you have been looking forward to this day for so long now. Talking about how you get to go to school without brother.
You are so independent like that.
Every time Cormac would talk about how he gets to go off to the big school house, cause he was a big Kindergartner, you would always say,
"Yeah, and I get to go to my own school by myself."
So I talked with the Teachers..told them my worries and fears..and they promised (on their life I think..can't remember) that they would watch her like a hawk..and protect her. So I said, Ok.
Brother was pretty excited for you too:
You: Ahhhhh..no BIG deal. Sling and cast and all.You thought is was pretty neat that you got to start school a day before your big brother. That you were, THAT big of a big girl now.
However, you were kinda bummed that you couldn't wear a lot of your new school clothes due to the cast. You had been excited for a while to have your back to school fashion show.
One of your favorite dresses, the balloon dress, would fit over the cast though..and you ♥ that dress. SO that it was.
walk with me, Chloe Lynn
through the park, by the tree
we will rest upon the ground
and look at all the bugs we've found
then safely walk to school
without a sound
through the park, by the tree
we will rest upon the ground
and look at all the bugs we've found
then safely walk to school
without a sound
The next day was Cormac's big day. Well, actually more like a test run day. We were there for about a hour.
None the less you were excited. Since you have been excited about going to kindergartner for a few years now. Saying things like, "yeah, when I get bigger..I will get to go to kindergarten...yeah"
How big you are now. I am so proud of how amazing of a young man you are.
You are the kindest, sweetest, gentlest young man I know. Not to mention a excellent, and patient older brother.
Yeah, that is right. Your a pretty cool guy.
Dad was also pretty proud of his son, and left you a note that morning.
Here you are the next day, your first real, full day of school. Excited to start your new adventure.
I love that you love to learn....and are always excited for school.Off we went to walk you to class. Sister was happy and excited for you to.
She loves you, and looks up to you. What more could a mom ask for? Nothing.
I was doing fine...surprisingly...since my first born was leaving for 3 hours a day to the BIG cruel world.
Luckily, our school is a wonderful school...not big..but little. A little world of sweet kids who are glad to play and make new friends.
"Hi, my name is Cormac. What is your name?"
Off you go.
Yep, you are officially a big boy now. Full of wonder and curiosity. Eager to learn and play. What could be more amazing than that?
Oh, don't forget a big hug from Chloe. She is gonna miss you while you are gone. Gone doing big boy stuff, like reading and writing. Computer Lab and Library. Music class and snack time. Oh and recess.
I am gonna miss you to. I know you are in good hands though. You have a amazing teacher who loves her job. Mrs. Rudolph.
As we left...I didn't feel sad..or cry. I thought I would. Instead I just felt proud and happy for you. Happy that you were finally in motion to achiever your goals in life. First step toward reaching for the stars.You see Cormac, you always tell me that you are going to be a scientist like mommy..or a bug scientist. In which I always reply, "You mean a Entomologist?" and you say, "Yeah, a Entomologist mom."
This is your first step to making any of your dreams come true.
Besides, you sure look like a future scientist to me.

What a exciting year we are gonna have..I just know it :)
9/23/2010
No comments:
Post a Comment