"So there is this boy.
I would tell you everything about him,
but then you just might fall in love with him to,
and he is mine."
Ok fine. quit begging...I guess I will tell you a few things about this boy. Gee-sh.
This boy amazes me everyday with his huge heart. I am seriously not sure how I am so lucky and deserving to be his mom. I feel like he teaches me more valuable life lessons than I teach him. I mean seriously. I am pretty sure he is a much better human than I am. Your welcome world for bringing this human into this cruel world. I should get a prize...medal or something. Oh wait...I got him instead and it is a waaaaay better prize than anything else in the entire world.
So this picture I took of Cormac yesterday may look to you like just a picture of a boy enjoying his summer in swim shorts, but to me it has a much more amazing story behind it.
As we were sitting around waiting for Chloe to finish her swim lessons with the amazing...extraordinaire Steve Button, we were chillin' on my blanket. There was this sweet 5 yr old girl trying to get Cormac's attention and wanted him to play tag with her. So he obliged. She started chasing him trying to tag him. She wasn't doing to well trying to tag a 9 year old..so he would gracefully let her tag him, and chase her back. After a few minutes of this, a few of Cormac's friends his age showed up and joined the tag game.
Those boys were into doing a little 'trash talking' to her like, "Oh you missed...hah..that is called LOOSING"...etc. After about a minutes of that I heard Cormac tell his friend, "oh come on man, let her tag you."
I could tell it was bothering Cormac that she was it the whole time. So then he goes up to her and says, it ok, just tag me and let me be it. So he ran and wore himself out being it so she didn't have to. So she could have a good time to.
Afterwards, I told Cormac to sit down. I wanted to tell him how proud I was that he offered to be it. That it was sweet of him to see that she needed someone to stand in and help her.
He says, "Well mom, I felt like it wasn't right. It was like we were taunting her."
I just smiled, because I know how lucky us women in Cormac's lives are to have a son and brother like him. Chloe and Clare are sooo blessed to have a older brother like Cormac to take good care of them when Mom and Dad aren't around. A brother that would gladly sacrifice his fun for them.
Jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment